Last updated: 01/02/2023
Concerning the loyalty programme, the 24 Sèvres Card, a joint programme with Le Bon Marché Rive Gauche and La Grande Épicerie de Paris, we encourage you to read the dedicated 24 Sèvres Card Charter.
The purpose of these terms and conditions is to enable you to clearly understand how we collect and use your information, our commitment to protecting your information, and your options to manage your information and privacy.
These terms and conditions apply to our products and services associated with all online channels we provide to you, such as websites and mobile applications, and all activities relating to 24 Sèvres products and services.
By choosing to use our services, you acknowledge that you fully understand the contents of these terms and conditions and agree to our collection, storage, use, processing, transmission, provision, public disclosure, and deletion of your personal information. Please stop using our services immediately if you disagree with any or all of these terms and conditions.
- Categories of data
24 Sèvres collects the information you provide to us directly when you use our Website or any associated services. This is particularly the case when you create an online account, contact our Customer Care, or sign up to receive our news or newsletter. 24 Sèvres may also collect information passively, such as through cookies or browser trackers.
The following categories of personal data are collected:
- Your identity and contact details (surnames, given names, address and postal code, landline and mobile phone number, and email address) if you decide to communicate them, for example, to create an online account, participate in a contest, or make a purchase, return, or exchange, as well as your identity document information when you request a tax reduction or the “click and collect” service with Le Bon Marché;
- Your payment information (credit card numbers, PayPal account information, or other payment information required to pay for your order);
- Information about your online purchases, shopping preferences, and interests that you choose to communicate to us during exchanges with our various services (Customer Care, VIC, etc.)
- If you use and browse our website, we collect information about your browser and browsing behaviour;
- If you use our mobile application, we collect your GPS location, with your consent if necessary, how frequently you use it, and where you downloaded it. We also collect information about the browser you use and your browsing behaviour.
If you decide not to provide some of your data when necessary for a contract or a service that you request or when required by law, you will not be able to receive the product or service requested.
- Use of data
24 Sèvres uses your data for the following purposes:
- Processing your orders and providing you with the related goods and services, including delivery;
- Improving our website, application, and services offered;
- Handling all your requests (such as returns and after-sales service), answering your questions, and managing any complaints;
- Personalising your experience on our Website and adapting our marketing activities to your needs and preferences for contacting you, with your consent, about new products and offers that may be of interest to you;
- Ensuring the security of 24 Sèvres and our customers, website, and mobile application against the risks of fraud, theft, or any other wrongdoing that may affect our company’s offered goods and services.
- Conducting analyses and producing statistics to measure the effectiveness of our campaigns or virtual or in-person events;
- Fulfilling administrative, legal, and tax requirements by maintaining your transaction history and sales documents associated with your transactions.
- Sharing of data
24 Sèvres shares your data only under the following conditions:
- With 24 Sèvres companies and only authorised staff whose duties justify access to such information for internal auditing, administration, management, or billing;
- With 24 Sèvres service providers acting on our behalf and allowing the offered goods and services to be supplied (such as delivery service providers and communication, marketing, and advertising partners);
- With banking and financial institutions as well as the service providers in charge of online payment and anti-fraud activities.
24 Sèvres requires its service providers to maintain data security and to strictly comply with applicable personal data regulations. 24 Sèvres service providers are not permitted to use your data for purposes other than those specified by 24 Sèvres.
Lastly, 24 Sèvres may share your data with any competent judicial and/or administrative authorities (a) if we believe that disclosure of the information is necessary under applicable laws or legal or regulatory proceedings (for example, in response to a subpoena or court order) or (b) to protect and defend our rights and the rights or security of third parties, including to defend ourselves in legal proceedings.
- Transfer of data
24 Sèvres stores your data in the European Union. However, data collected when you use our Website may be transferred outside the European Union to countries whose applicable personal data protection laws differ from those applicable within the European Union.
This is especially the case with data transmitted to our service providers or processors outside the European Union. If the data importer is located in a country not considered as providing an equivalent level of protection by the European Commission, we ensure that the transfer is safeguarded by implementing the European Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses, thus providing an adequate level of protection of privacy and basic human rights, equivalent guarantees, and/or, where appropriate, technical and organisational measures.
- Security – Storage period
24 Sèvres takes all necessary precautions to ensure the security and confidentiality of the personal data processed and to prevent such data from being distorted, damaged, destroyed, or accessed by an unauthorised third party. All security measures in place conform to the state of the art, particularly with regard to information systems.
Considering that 24 Sèvres does not control all the risks associated with the operation of the Internet, we draw your attention to the existence of possible risks inherent in its use and operation.
24 Sèvres will store the above-mentioned collected data for as long as necessary to fulfil the contract and subject to the statutory and conventional guarantees or statutory requirements on data storage.
The above-mentioned collected data will be stored until you withdraw your consent to the processing of your data or request the deletion of your data or if our processing purpose has been achieved.
- Right of access, rectification, and deletion
You have the right to access, modify, rectify, and delete your personal information and object to the processing of such data, which you can exercise at any time.
You can manage your subscriptions within your personal space. You will also be able to unsubscribe using the “unsubscribe” link in each 24 Sèvres communication.
If you have a customer account, you can contact us at any time to ask us to delete it. We will respond to your cancellation request within thirty (30) business days of receipt of your request.
After we delete your account, we will stop providing products or services to you and delete or anonymise your information in accordance with your request unless otherwise required by applicable laws and regulations.
Requests concerning your right to access, rectify, or delete your information should be sent to:
To grant your access, modification, or deletion request, 24 Sèvres reserves the right to request proof of identity to ensure the legitimacy of the source of the request.
The new terms will take effect within one month of publication.
The present terms and conditions were updated on the date indicated at the top of the page.
If any major modifications are made to these terms and conditions, 24 Sèvres will visibly inform you (for example, by email or pop-up windows).
You can also contact the CNIL (French Data Protection Authority) at any time to lodge a complaint about 24 Sèvres data protection and privacy practices. The CNIL’s contact information is as follows:
Commission Nationale de l’Informatique et des Libertés – CNIL
3 Place de Fontenoy
TSA 80715 – 75334 Paris, Cedex 07
Tel. +33 1 53 73 22 22
Fax +33 1 53 73 22 00
You can also contact the European Data Protection Board (https://edpb.europa.eu/about-edpb/board/members_en).