Date of last update: 28/06/2018
24 Sèvres and/or Groupe Le Bon Marché respect your concerns regarding the confidentiality of the information you provide us. By giving us your personal information and data, you consent to let us use, study and possibly disclose such information and data, in particular to customize and optimize your navigation on the Website and to propose offers that are responding to your expectations.
1. General information
When using the Website, you may be required to provide 24 Sèvres with your personal data, especially when registering on the Website, placing an order or subscribing to a newsletter or the loyalty program.
Any information of a personal nature that you may provide to 24 Sèvres to use certain services is governed by the provisions of the French Data Processing, Data Files and Individual Liberties act 78-17 of 6 January 1978 as amended and by the GDPR dated 27 April 2016.
24 Sèvres may transfer your personal information outside of the European Economic Area to companies of our group or to authorised third-parties. If the information is transferred outside the European Economic Area, 24 Sèvres will use agreements validated by the European Commission offering to personal data the same protection as offered in Europe (in this respect, in particular, for third parties located in the United States, they shall be part to the Privacy Shield or be subject to the standard clauses of the European Commission).
The processing of certain personal information relating to your interactions with our services is considered profiling under the applicable regulation. These processing are conducted in our interest to offer you a high quality and personalized shopping experience and to send you advertising and exclusive offers that are likely to interest you.
2. Right to access, amend, remove and oppose data processing
You have the right to access, amend and remove your personal data, as well as the possibility to oppose the processing of such data, at any time. You can thus manage your subscription to the various newsletters in your personal space on the www.24s.com website. You can also unsubscribe using the unsubscription link inserted in each communication sent by 24 Sèvres.
Any request concerning the right to access, amend or remove personal data concerning you should be sent to the following dedicated address:
You can also send a request concerning the management of your personal data on the Website by post mail to the following address:
24 Sèvres, 22 Rue Violet, 75015 Paris
In order to respond to your request for access, modification or deletion, 24 Sèvres reserves the right to request a proof of identity to ensure the legitimacy of the source of the request.
3. Use of personal data by 24 Sèvres
3.1 Purpose of data collection
Through the Website, 24 Sèvres collects and processes personal data required solely for the following purposes: provide you with goods and services related to your order, improve our services, contact you about your orders and provide you with customer service, offer you a personalized experience on the Website, provide you with personalized advertising, detect and prevent fraud attempts.
When collecting data of a personal nature, the information required for the above purposes and which is needed to respond to your requests is indicated with an asterisk (mainly civil status, family name, given name, zip code, email address and bank details). If you have not completed the compulsory fields, we will not be able to respond to your requests.
3.2 Data retention
The data are kept for a period that does not exceed the length of the time required for the achievement of the goal pursued. We retain your personal data for the minimum duration provided by the law where it is specified. When our legitimate interest requires a different duration of retention of your data, we will consider the sensitivity of the data, the potential risk and security requirements to settle the duration of retention.
When the retention of your data is no longer necessary with regards to the purpose pursued, 24 Sèvres will be deleted.
3.3 Recipient of data
All the personal data collected on our Website is intended for 24 Sèvres. 24 Sèvres may from time to time be required to disclose your information to other entities of LVMH Group for the exclusive purpose of customer relation.
When processing orders, the data must be transferred to other companies on behalf of 24 Sèvres. In such an extent, to reduce the data risk of loss or damage, 24 Sèvres undertakes to minimize the information disclosed to third parties to what is absolutely necessary to achieve the goal pursued.
Whatever the circumstances, 24 Sèvres will only transfer your data to other companies in the following specific cases:
- 24 Sèvres is required to transfer your personal data to a third party in relation to requests you have made (payment provider, logistic providers, marketing and advertising service providers for the optimization of your purchasing experience);
- 24 Sèvres has received your express consent to transfer your data to a third party;
- 24 Sèvres is summoned by a judicial authority to transfer said data to an administrative or judicial authority.
In this context, 24 Sèvres requires from their service providers to grant the security of your personal data and comply with the regulation. The service providers of 24 Sèvres are not entitled to use your personal data to pursue other purposes than those specified by 24 Sèvres in accordance with its instructions.
Within the framework of an order made directly with a Vendor that sells its products directly on the Website (order sold and sent by the Vendor), the personal data collected will be transferred to this Retailer in order to fulfill its obligations.
3.4 Data security and confidentiality
24 Sèvres has done everything necessary to take all and any useful precautions to ensure the security and confidentiality of the personal data processed, to prevent such data from being deformed, damaged or destroyed and to prevent any unauthorised third parties from having access to your data. All the security features used are state-of-the-art, particularly with respect to information systems.
Insofar as 24 Sèvres cannot control all and any risks associated with Internet operations, the attention of Internet users is drawn to the potential risks inherent to the use of the Internet and to operate on the Internet.
4. “Send to a friend” functions and third parties data collection
You have the possibility to enter the details of a third party in placing your order (e.g. gift). In this case, the person’s data provided will only be used by 24 Sèvres to process this order.
In this respect, you warrant 24 Sèvres that the third party whose data have been filled under your control, has been informed that you have provided us their data.
5.1 What is a cookie?
A cookie is a text file that can be stored in a dedicated space on the hard disk of your terminal (computer, tablet, smartphone) by the web browser you use to consult our Website, according to the choices saved in your browser concerning cookies. The cookie file enables the web server to identify the terminal on which it is saved during the period of validity or registration of the cookie.
While you browse the Website, data concerning the navigation of your terminal on our Website may be saved in cookie files stored on your terminal. These cookies enable 24 Sèvres to offer you a personalized shopping experience linked to your login device.
You can change the cookie settings at any time. Below you will find more information concerning cookies and how you can manage cookie settings.
5.2 Cookies and similar technologies on the Website
Depending on the choices saved on your browser, navigation on our Website can result in various cookies, web beacons of your IP address, IDFA, geo-tracking via IP address, login and navigation information (referral URL, advertising data, visit statistics, login credentials) stored on your terminal, so that 24 Sèvres can recognise your terminal’s browser throughout the period of retention of this information. 24 Sèvres collect information from the pages you browse, the links on which you click, and from other actions as part of your navigation related to their commercial offer. Some anonymous Cookies can be saved on your browser at the moment of your connection to our website and will be used by 24 Sèvres for statistics needs only.
The cookies and similar technologies we store on your browser can:
- compile statistics and volumes for traffic and use of the various Website components (items and content visited, navigation pathways), to allow 24 Sèvres to provide more pertinent and ergonomic services;
- adapt the presentation of our Website to the display preferences of your terminal (language used, display resolution, operating system used, etc.) during your navigation of the Website, according to the display and reading hardware and software used by your terminal;
- insofar as you have provided us with your personal data, particularly your email address during your registration on the Website, in placing of your order or when accessing our services, associate these data with your navigation data in order to send you email offers or display personalised advertisements on your terminal which may be of particular interest to you, in the advertising spaces we provide;
- insofar as you have provided your personal data (wishlist, purchase preferences, participation in promotional events), notably your email address, during your registration on the Website or when accessing one of the services provided by 24 Sèvres, associate these data with navigation information about your terminal in order to send you, for example, 24 Sèvres email offers and display advertisements based on your interests via our network of selected advertisers;
- store information related to a form you have filled in on the Website (registration or access to your account) or to products, services or information you have chosen on the Website (service subscribed, content of a shopping cart, etc.);
- provide access to reserved, personal spaces on the Website such as your account, using the ID or data you have provided on an earlier occasion;
- implement security measures, for example being asked to connect to a content or service again after a certain lapse of time;
- fight against Internet fraud (prevention of fraud concerning means of payment, stolen ID, etc.). In this respect, 24 Sèvres or its service providers acting on its behalf and in respect of your rights, can store cookies to collect information relating to the terminal used to place the order (especially the operating system used, the location of the terminal, if a proxy is used, etc.). These cookies combined with your order data are used to validate your order, the payment method used and the delivery method requested.
You may be able to share information with social networks as part of maintaining an account that is personal to you. These social networking sites may allow us automatic access to information that you have posted, for example, a product or content that you would have liked or content that you clicked on. Access to this information may allow us to customise our offers to your attention based on your preferences.
5.3 Cookies stored due to third party applications on the Website
24 Sèvres can include computer applications from other sources on the Website which are designed to share the content of the Website with other people or to inform them of content you have consulted. This applies to the “Share” or “Like” button on Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter.
The social media providing the application button can then identify you.
The list of third party cookies (companies with whom 24 Sèvres has a contractual relationship for the purpose of improving the user experience) is accessible in our Cookie Tool Manager.
5.4 Third party retargeting cookies
24 Sèvres works with some carefully selected partners who may place cookies on your browser for advertising purposes. This allows partner sites to display on your device various products based on your interests you have shown by your navigation. These ads may offer you products that you have viewed on our Website, or other related products, styles. You can access to the list of cookies of our partners in our Cookie Tool Manager.
5.5 Your choices regarding cookies
There are several ways you can manage cookies. Any change in settings may change your browsing and access conditions to the Website. You can change these settings at any time using the procedures described below.
You can configure your browser to, depending on your choice, that cookies are saved in your terminal or on the contrary they are rejected. You can also configure your browser so that the acceptance of cookies is offered to you punctually and before a cookie is registered in your terminal.
24 Sèvres also provides a Cookie Tool Manager so that you can easily exercise you right regarding cookies.
a) Approval of cookies
Except in the event such cookies are mandatory for our service or anonymous, any cookie registration on your terminal is subject to obtaining your consent that you can express and modify at any time and for free by changing the settings of your browser or in the Cookie Tool Manager. If you have accepted the recording of cookies in your terminal, cookies embedded on the pages and contents you have viewed will be stored in a reserved area of your terminal and will be readable and recognizable only by the issuer.
b) Refusal of cookies
If you refuse the registration of cookies or if you delete those that are registered, you will not be able to benefit from many features that are necessary for easy navigation on the Website. This would be the case if you want to access the spaces or services where you need to identify yourself. This would still be the case if 24 Sèvres or its service providers are unable to recognize, for technical compatibility purposes, the type of browser your device uses, its language and display settings, or the country from which your device appears to be connected to the Internet. In this case, we do not accept any liability for the consequences of the degraded operation of our services due to the settings you have chosen.
c) How to exercise your choices according to the browser you use?
Regarding the management of cookies, each browser offers different configuration modes. They are described in the help menu of each browser:
For Mozilla Firefox:
- Go to "Tools" then "Options" menu
- Click on the "Privacy" settings
- Select your preferred option on the "Cookie" menu
For Microsoft Internet Explorer:
- Go to "Tools" menu, then "Internet Options"
- Click on "Confidentiality"
- Select your preferred level of confidentialitySelect your preferred level of confidentiality
- Go to "Files" > "Preferences"
- Click on "Privacy"
For Android browser:
Tap on the upper right button
Go to "Settings" then "Privacy & security menu"
Go to "Settings" then "Privacy & security menu"
For Dolphin Browser on Android:
- In the Menu, go to "More" then "Settings"
- Select the "Privacy & security settings" menu
- Select you preferred option in the "cookies" menu
For Safari on iOS:
- In the "Settings" app, go to "Safari" menu
- Go to "Accept cookies" entry under "Privacy"
- Select your preferred option
In the event you share the use of your terminal with others, or if your terminal has several navigation software, we cannot be sure that the advertising services aimed for your terminal correspond to your own use of this terminal and not to the one of another user of this terminal. We remind you that, sharing with others the use of your terminal and configuring the settings for cookies is your sole choice and responsibility.
For more information about cookies and their use, you can consult the file of the National Commission of Computing and Freedoms at the following address: www.cnil.fr.
6. Use of data
24 Sèvres will not transfer or sell your personal data to any unaffiliated third parties or partners unless 24 Sèvres has informed you beforehand in messages, agreements or information available on the Website or you have expressly given your consent or are required by law to do so.
If 24 Sèvres is required by law, by an administrative or judicial authority to provide your personal data, 24 Sèvres will inform you thereof insofar as possible (unless 24 Sèvres reasonably believe it is not authorised to do so, particularly with consideration to any legal or judicial obligations applicable to them).
Given current technology, in particular that are generally used for telecommunications networks, 24 Sèvres cannot guarantee the confidentiality, integrity or authentication of the emails you send or receive from 24 Sèvres.